10 things Dad would love to do in Parry Sound
Parry Sound has you covered when it comes to things to help Dad celebrate Father's Day on June 16th.
Check out our Top 10 list of things for dad to do in Parry Sound:
- Fishing – whether it’s a casual last minute idea to drop a line over the town dock, take a charter to fish an inland lake or out on Georgian Bay the fish are plentiful in Parry Sound!
- ATVing – BearClaw Tours promises Dad the biggest adrenaline rush he’s had in years! It promises to be Georgian Bay’s ultimate adventure.
- Take a float plane ride over Georgian Bay, combine it with a meal at Henry’s Fish Restaurant or be dropped off to hike a remote island, Georgian Bay Airways offers a variety of activities for Dad to choose from!
- When was the last time Dad took to the water? White Squall Paddling Centre is located just outside Parry Sound and provides lessons, free trials and canoe and kayak rentals to check out the shores of Georgian Bay.
- Dad may remember camping at Killbear Provincial Park as a kid – why not renew his acquaintance with the park by spending a day enjoying the views of Georgian Bay from one of the hiking trails, beaches or even a campsite?
- Golf – Parry Sound offers courses for all levels of players! If Dad is a duffer, Deer Run Golf Course may be his speed; if he’s a bit of a snob, then he will definitely enjoy the magnificient Ridge at Manitou.
- Hiking – Parry Sound is central to the Park-to-Park trail that runs from Killbear Provincial Park to Algonquin Park. Two popular trails that are easy to access from town are the Seguin and Rose Point Trails. If Dad wants to take it easy, he can always stroll the “Fitness” trail that follows Parry Sound’s waterfront.
- A boat cruise on the Island Queen to check out Georgian Bay’s 30,000 islands lets Dad sit back and enjoy the scenery, without having to do anything more strenuous than deciding where he wants to sit!
- If Dad loves the wild life (i.e. wolves, birds, lynx, raccoons and beavers), then a trip to Aspen Valley Animal Sanctuary is a must-do! Just remember, they are only open to the public on long weekends this year!
- A live show at the Stockey Centre or a trip to the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame is sure to entertain and is guaranteed to brighten Dad’s day.
Still haven't come up with the perfect idea for your dad? Click here for other ideas of things to see and do in Parry Sound.