Most people only think of Parry Sound as a summer time destination, but as soon as the snow and ice disappear, there are a lot of great things to do in the area – and swatting mosquitoes and black flies isn’t one of them if you come before June!
Here's my list of 10 things to do in Parry Sound in the springtime:
1. Climb the Observation Tower and visit the Museum
2. Walk along the waterfront on the trail
3. Check out the deers in Killbear Provincial Park
4. Get muddy with Bear Claw Tours
5. Georgian Bay Airways can provide you a view of Georgian Bay even before the boats are running
6. Sit in the sun porch at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast and watch the waters of Georgian Bay
7. Take a stroll down to the waterfalls
8. Go exploring for leeks and fiddleheads
9. See if the red trilliums are blooming yet
10. Build an innukshuk at the beach.
So, still think there's nothing to do?