What is an amazing place? You'll know it when you see it! It's a view so incredible that it makes you stop in your tracks...something that takes your breath away...something you can't wait to share with others.
Within the Georgian Bay Biosphere Reserve, it is an opportunity to educate people about their natural surroundings. Although some of the Amazing Places listed here don't inspire everyone the same way, they do showcase the variety of different geological features that make up the Reserve.
I was fortunate enough to be part of the initial brainstorming that took place to create a list of possible places; this list is by no means a complete list of all the great things there are to see and do in the area, but it's a pretty good start!
The fall colours are always spectacular in the Parry Sound area. Don't wait to long though, to plan your trip - Environment Canada is predicting that the season will be shorter than normal. Our hot and dry summer has caused the trees to be very stressed, so the leaves are predicted to fall quickly after changing.
And to help you enjoy your trip, if you book a two night stay at 40 Bay Street B&B for the period of September 9th until November 30th, you can apply for a $50 gas card and $50 worth of cash vouchers to be used at local attractions, shops and restaurants through Explorers' Edge. Reservations must be made before September 8th at midnight! For more details visit Explorers' Edge web site
1. Enjoy the ice cream at the Kawartha Dairy Bar
2. Get an espresso at Georgian Bay Airways Ice Cream Parlour
3. Have a real, old-fashioned hamburger at Lil's Restaurant
4. Order a large bowl of mussels served with garlic bread at Bistro by the Bay
1. The Observation Tower at the West Parry Sound District Museum
2. The Belvedere Lookout
3. The deck at the Stockey Centre
4. The sunset at the Salt Docks