One of the things you learn as a painter is that if you want to make colours pop, you use a "complementary colour" or, a colour that is opposite a particular colour on the colour wheel.
That made me think about why so many people want to come to the Parry Sound area to see our beautiful fall colours - the oranges, reds and golds are off-set by the beautiful blue water and skies that are all part of the package!
Fall Fairs start in August and are considered a tradition before heading back to school. The fall fair experience offers amusements, harvest celebrations, carnival and festival fun. Combine the opportunity to purchase local products with family entertainment, in the great outdoors.
Fall Fairs and festivals have been organized by local Agricultural societies for more than a century to display livestock, show horses, and offer carnival and midway entertainment fun for families. The Parry Sound area features a number of fall fairs:
Built in 1873, a board and batten, this 2-up, 2-down house using cast off lumber from the Parry Sound Lumber Company yard (the original red pine floors can be found in the living, dining and Bay Rooms; the trim in the downstairs and the walls of the kitchen are also authentic) was built on the property known now as 40 Bay Street. It was more than likely built to house one of the managers of the Parry Sound Lumber Company. It would not have been used for general labourers – they had their own tenement house across the road.
1. Go for a swim at Waubuno Beach anytime.
2. Watch the water from the sun porches at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast.
3. Go for a sail at Sail Parry Sound on Saturday afternoon.
4. See the sunset from the deck of the Stockey Centre.
5. Go fishing off the dock across the road from 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast
6. See Georgian Bay's 30,000 Islands with a cruise on the Island Queen/Chippewa.
7. See the water from a floatplane.
8. Go diving with Divers Nook
9. Take a water taxi.
10. Try out a kayak at White Squall.
Check out 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast’s availability calendar, if you would like to come up and enjoy any of these water-based activities to find out what dates and rooms are available for your stay! And if you don't see anything that tickles your fancy here, check out the Parry Sound Travel Guide for some additional ideas!