Photo courtesty of freeditialphoto.net
My grandmother used to say “The older you get, the faster time goes” – and I am beginning to understand what she meant by that - I can’t believe the year is almost over as I sit here writing this!
2013 was a busy year again at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast. I had fun during the winter months, which was spent re-finishing all the original wood floors in the house – and then the inevitable occurred…that project lead to just a few more! Having the living room empty provided me with a clean canvas rearrange furniture and do a whole lot of de-cluttering!
Most families have special recipes to celebrate the holidays, and here at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast, we always look forward to serving these waffles - to our guests and family. These waffles have a "cakey" smell and texture - and I have even thought of serving them for dessert!
By the way - if you want to see more recipes we use at breakfast at the B&B, check out our Recipes Page.
Like most of Canada, even Parry Sound has experienced the unusual weather patterns that most of Canada has felt during the winters of the last several years. However, we have always ended up with snow on the ground. Besides getting our exercise shovelling it, snow can be a lot of fun too!
Here are my top 10 tips for having fun in the snow:
10. Catch snowflakes on your tongue
9. Cover our backyard with snow angels
8. Discover the fun you can have with snowballs – juggle, stack them up to build towers, forts, or snowmen
7. Go tobogganing at Kinsmen Park
6. Go on a winter picnic
5. Lie in the snow in the backyard and watch the stars at night
4. Go ice fishing
3. Rent snowshoes or a kick-sled from White Squall and break a new trail
2. Go cross country skiing - Georgian Nordic Ski Club will be open soon and you can rent skis at the clubhouse
And the number one reason to come to Parry Sound in the winter…follow the snowy shores of Georgian Bay – either in town on the “Fitness Trail” or at Killbear Provincial Park.
To make sure we have a room for you, check out our availability - and the amount of snow that is on the ground in Parry Sound!