10 ways to see the fall colours in the Parry Sound area
The fall colours are always spectacular in the Parry Sound area. Don't wait to long though, to plan your trip - Environment Canada is predicting that the season will be shorter than normal. Our hot and dry summer has caused the trees to be very stressed, so the leaves are predicted to fall quickly after changing.
And to help you enjoy your trip, if you book a two night stay at 40 Bay Street B&B for the period of September 9th until November 30th, you can apply for a $50 gas card and $50 worth of cash vouchers to be used at local attractions, shops and restaurants through Explorers' Edge. Reservations must be made before September 8th at midnight! For more details visit Explorers' Edge web site
Here are the ways I would suggest you consider to get the best views of the colours:
- Cruise the shores and islands of Georgian Bay with the Island Queen
- Take an ATV tour with Bear Claw Tours
- Go flying with Georgian Bay Airways
- Climb the Observation Tower at the museum
- Go for a drive around the Bunny Trail
- Spend a day roaming the trails and beaches at Killbear Provincial Park
- Golf at Seguin Valley Golf Club
- Rent a canoe or kayak and take a paddle along the shoreline of the harbour
- Take a hike – follow the Park-to-Park trail (Rose Point and Seguin Trails are popular) or just meander along the “Fitness Trail”
- Cozy up with a coffee and throw on the chaise lounge in the upstairs sun porch at 40 Bay Street and let the colours come to you!
Remember - the Explorers' Edge special offer is only good on reservations made before September 8th at midnight!