Georgian Bay Biosphere Reserve's Amazing Places
What is an amazing place? You'll know it when you see it! It's a view so incredible that it makes you stop in your tracks...something that takes your breath away...something you can't wait to share with others.
Within the Georgian Bay Biosphere Reserve, it is an opportunity to educate people about their natural surroundings. Although some of the Amazing Places listed here don't inspire everyone the same way, they do showcase the variety of different geological features that make up the Reserve.
I was fortunate enough to be part of the initial brainstorming that took place to create a list of possible places; this list is by no means a complete list of all the great things there are to see and do in the area, but it's a pretty good start!
- Tower Hill Lookout – Parry Sound
- Christian Beach – Georgian Bay Islands National Park
- Park-to-Park Trail
- The Lynx Loop – Georgian Nordic Ski & Canoe Club
- Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh
- Twin Points Trail – Killbear Provincial Park
- The Massasauga Provincial Park
- The Waterfront Trail – Parry Sound
- French River Gorge – French River Provincial Park
- Hole in the Wall – Georgian Bay