Celebrate Winter the Parry Sound Way!
This upcoming weekend, Parry Sound is pulling out all the stops to help you celebrate winter, Valentine’s Day and Family Day!
Even the weather man has gotten into the act, promising crisp, cold sunny days to make the most of our great outdoors! So pull out your woolies, and get prepared to have a great weekend!
On Saturday, you could:
- Watch the Seguin Dog Sled Mail Run take off from the Humphrey Arena at 9:30 a.m. and/or arrive in the Village of Rosseau around 11:30.
- Enjoy some cross country skiing or snowshoeing at Georgian Nordic Ski and Canoe Club - rentalsare available
- Take part in Parry Sound’s Annual Snowfest with a free skate at the Bobby Orr Community Centre from 12:00 – 2 p.m.
- For dinner, you could attend the Parry Sound Dance Academy Spaghetti Dinner at the Bobby Orr Community Centre, or get a head start on celebrating Valentine’s Day with a romantic, fine dining experience at the Log Cabin Inn
- Polish off Saturday evening with some live theatre – the Stockey Centre has the comedy “Mounting Sex In the Afternoon Zone” or check out what movie is playing at the Strand Twin Theatre
Sunday promises to be another bright and sunny day to beckon you outside – and definitely warmer than Saturday!
- White Squall Paddling Centre is offering a guided hike around the Orrville area. You can rent snowshoes or a kick sled, or let the people ahead of you break the path, and just use your own 2 feet!
- Sunday evening offers two very different experiences to celebrate Valentine’s Day - you can continue to enjoy the great outdoors by heading up to Kinsmen Park for skating, tobogganing, a bonfire and fireworks at 7:00 p.m., or attend a live performance by Raine Maida and Chantal Kreviazuk at the Stockey Centre in a collaborative effort called Rain and Sun, starting at 8:00 p.m.
Who says there is nothing to do in Parry Sound in the winter? (PS – I will GUARANTEE there will be no bugs to ruin your visit!)